It was not easy for me to write this article, I felt I have nothing to say, even though a lot of things had happened - we saw a lot, we were on a lot of places, we found out a lot, so I could write a pages to describe all that. But there is much more happening than that.
And finally I understood from what perspective I will NOT write.
We didn’t come here like a tourists when everything is set up - eating, sleeping, going and coming - everything is paid and we should only relax and enjoy. Sometimes it is really hard job for us as physically, emotionally and spiritually.
So from tourist perspective I will not write.
When we were still in Sweden one day I felt that my faith is not so strong about going to Israel, and we were talking about this with Alex to find out the reason. And then I understood that I started to think about this trip like tourism trip when we will have easy going time - we will rent a car, will go one weekend to the South, another to the North and care about anything. And then I remembered that God sent us the Word: «Walk about Zion (mount in Jerusalem), go around her, count her towers, consider well her ramparts, view her citadels, that you may tell of them, to the next generation.» (Ps.48:12)
It means that we can claim only about that, nothing more. If we came here by faith (what means that we didn’t have full account of money), then we need to listen to God very carefully where to spend our money, not our flesh who would like to go to the beach, cafe and so on.
And then I (because for Alex all the excursions are included in the school fee) decided to die for any excursion and said to God: “I know that we don’t have enough money to go somewhere, but if it will be Your will to go more than only about the Zion, I will be more than happy, but if not, I will praise You anyway!”.
So we knew that Alex will go on the next day to excursion to Meggido and Karmel mountains. That evening I was sitting on the couch and suddenly I felt strong willing to go with him as well, so to say, in faith about finances. Later we found out that one of our friend from the school was praying in that moment for us to go as a family together, because she received from God that we should go together and she should pray for us.
![]() |
| By the Sea |
Next morning she was so happy to see us together, so was I. The excursion was fantastic! What a wonderful view from the top of the Carmel mount where took place the happenings form the 1.Kings 18th chapter. And what an unexpected surprise, we stopped also by the Mediterranean sea! Girls were so happy, that nothing could stop them from undressing and running in the waves. And we almost missed it!
Then later we found out about our latest financial miracle what did happen totally unexpected for us.
Last autumn we applied for the parental benefit (Foraldrapenning) for Katrina and Elizabete, and as we already received some money in Latvia, they needed to check everything, so it took some time.
And right now, when we are in Israel, they finished all the investigation and transfered us money for almost 5 month.
After some days we found out that there was one miracle in the row. If previous is miracle because it had happen in right time, that this was miracle in itself, because usually it doesn’t happen.
It could be difficult to describe it in details, but in short, I took a risk and applied for the period year ago (you are not allowed to do like that in Sweden’s social security system), because I actually didn’t risk, I just try my luck. One of my friends in cell group even called to Social security and asked, is it possible to receive money if you apply for time period back. They said no way, and promised to send us letter that they will not pay this money. Letter did not came, but money for whole school year came! Nothing is impossible with God. I even promised to our cell group girls that I will make a party if we will receive the money. So, girls, after I’ll come back, you’ll have a party:)
It is somehow even funny now when we are thinking about our fears what we had in Sweden before we came here, to follow God or not, will God be able to provide or not, because we had no idea from where could money come.
Now we are trying to get rid of the word “expensive”. First weeks we were going around the shop murmuring and complaining that everything is so expensive, so expensive. Ice cream - no, cornflakes - no, taxi (even when we are totally exhausted) - no, this - no and that - no! But we understood if God sent us here, He will be able to pay also for everything we really need (not of course for something we could live without).
We could also share the adventures what we had in another trip. We decided to go to climb up the Masada (you can read here about it) by the Snakes path. When we came there, we found out that almost everybody will go by feet, so we decided to do the same. We like our leader’s attitude, he always let us choose, by telling: “But you can manage!”.
![]() |
| These greens down there are palms |
Probably, if we knew the difficulty of the path, we would never go by feet, but choose to go with the cable car. Thank God that He always puts right people on our way - one guy from our group from the very beginning went slowly together with us while all the other group was far ahead of us. In the beginning of climbing it went very good, but almost in the middle of the climb Katrina could not go by herself anymore because she was so exhausted, so he carried her on his shoulders. I could not help her, because even I had a feeling that I need somebody to carry me;) Alex really did a great job, because it was not easy to climb with the baby in his arms 400 m up (we made it in 1 hour 15 minutes).
But what a satisfaction to look down from the mountain you have won!! What a beautiful sights!
After that we went to the Dead Sea. We didn’t have much time, but still we manage to put the mud and swim (not swim, but float) a little bit. We would be happy to go there some other day, but without kids, because there is too much stress about everything there - water into the eyes on the skin etc. So maybe next time when we’ll be in Israel;)
After this trip we came home exhausted but really satisfied.
| Music festival |
We had also a lot of different activities. There was a music festival in the Old City in the end of March. We decided to go there, to listen Jewish, Arabian and Eastern music, but somehow we get to the stations (there were 7 stages) where were singers singing worldly music what we liked when we had parties with alcohol and so on.. And suddenly I felt such a longing about my previous life. Some thoughts like “it could be so nice to drink something, dance in some night club and just to relax”, so we decided that it is not good for our life, because once we decided to follow Jesus, we should do with all our heart, and I can compare and I know that life with God is much more than cheap relaxation during Friday’s evenings drinking or partying.
One I miss really being a Christian - dancing. Few years ago Alex and I were attending Salsa dancing lessons, and we really enjoy the dancing. But nobody has a dancing parties among the Christians, we just dance in front of God. I hope God can forgive me, but sometimes I want to dance with my husband, too:)
But here, during the Hebrew dance course (our girls are taking part with the class, which is leading one of girl from the class) we found out that other couple who is in Bible school some years ago were dancing swing dance (or I don’t know exact name..), and they even danced one dance there. What else could be so attractive than pastors dancing:) Such a vitality flowed from them. So we decided to make a dance party for us. As Alex was former DJ, he will make one for us. I’ll give you report later.. :)
I should also make a report about the Easter/Pesah week. We had a lot of activities.
First we started with Seder meal. It was nice to be there and experience meal with the structure (if I can call it like that..). If you want to read more, you can find here, I will not be able to tell you better.
![]() |
| That's how looks Seder meal |
But as we were on Seder meal with Christians, they where connecting this not only with Jew escaping from Egypt but also with the Jesus crucifixion and resurrection. We understood that we will make the same meal on next Easter, remembering what did Jesus for us. It could be so nice to celebrate Easter focusing on that, not on eggs.
One of the themes of the Seder is that they are hiding half of matzo (unleavened bread) and children should later find it. If they found, they win the prize.
Our girls knew that there will be such an action, so on our way there they were praying Jesus to help them to find first, so they could get the prize. For them not to have disappointment, I said that you should also die for this idea and no matter what will happen, you should be happy, because maybe it’s not God’s will etc. But when we came there we found out that they are the only children from all the people (there were around 100 people), so they won and tell us: “You see, God is always answering our prayers!”.
Speaking about the matzo and bread. This was the week when almost half of the assortment in the shops was closed with white plastic. So we could not buy anything with flavor, yeast and something else witch is not allowed to eat. We were totally not prepared for that, we didn’t bought before a lot of bread or pasta, but we were trying to get used to it. Interesting.
On Good Friday we went to Piligrim’s way, the way from the Mount of Olives through Gethsemane to Via Dolorosa.
This way was for us almost as difficult as it was for Jesus... Of course, you can’t compare.
Again before this excursion we asked our leader, is it possible to go there with the stroller, because this trip is around 10-12 km and it is not so easy to carry David, water and lunch so far. And of course he replied that we “can manage”;)
![]() |
| On the Mount of Olives |
When we were on our way, we realise that to get up on the Mount of Olives, you should climb the stairs - a lot of stairs, so it means that we should carry David, water, lunch AND the stroller. Thank God He put so many helpers that we did that. Somebody (it is so good that God has “somebody” everywhere!) should carry Katrina also because she was so tired after climbing Masada that even one glance to the mountain made her sick:)
But we made it! It was fantastic feeling to go the way what Jesus went right before crucifixion.
We didn’t went as a tourists there but more to meditate on it and try to feel and understand what sacrifice Jesus made for us. And despite we had to watch our kids we could really hear from God and feel His presence.
For a big surprise everywhere we went there was no so much people what we expected. Of course, in Holy Sepulchre there were crowds, but we didn’t spend much time there.
With group Alex had also Easter service in Garden Tomb and in the evening dinner with pastor Ulf Ekman in Armenian restaurant.
I took a chance and went instead of Alex to the school for three days. There was teaching about the gifts of Holy Spirit and Healing. Teacher was fantastic. For me it was such a good sign that when he testified he did this about miracles what did happen not 10-20 years ago, but just before some days. It means he is living in this teaching. So many testimonies he told us, great!
He was the teacher who prayed for us in Uppsala's Bible school (he called us in front because Holy Spirit said to him that there is one couple that need to pray about the finances), and it really helped us - since then we have paid miraculously so many depts. Last day he was praying for us, so we could get healing anointing - he prayed for the first row students and then they passed forward the anointing. And right in that moment when girl in front of me prayed for me, he said that Holy Spirit is telling him that somebody needs to go home and lay hands on child so it could be healed. There was two of us who had children with us in Israel, I asked this other mum, but she did not hear it. So it was for me! It was for Katrina! After the school I planned to go to the shops but I couldn’t. I run home to my baby, I felt such an anointing in my hands! Right after I came home, we prayed for her, and we believe that she is healed in Jesus name!!!
In the beginning I had nothing to say, but in the end you should read so much...;)
P.s. Please, who is reading this, send us your news from wherever you are! We will wait!!





Of course I read your blogs! I'm so excited for everything that you do and all the experiences you have :)
ReplyDeleteBe blessed! Big hug, Paula
Its Always encouranging to read your testimonys :) You are a bless
ReplyDelete